Sunday, June 8

the perks

Don't let anyone try and tell you otherwise: There are some sweet perks to being a teacher. 
1. Summers off
2. Daily treats--there's always at least one kid in the school passing out birthday cupcakes during recess
3. End-of-the-year gifts
It's this final thing that I'd like to focus on today. Friday was the last day of school this year (boo-yah) so there was pretty much a constant trickle of kids coming in with little trinkets for yours truly. Here are some of the highlights:

This line of hand-crafted mini-stuffed-animal ornaments. 
(Made by a parent, named by Me.)
Bunnasus (bunny + pegasus)

Girragon (giraffe + dragon -- see where I'm going here?)

Cute, huh? Giraffes are another one of my favorite animals, so I got the giggles about that one. Plus, here's an image of the Bunnasus vs. Girragon Staring Contest. I had to snap the picture real fast because I was afraid one of them was going to burst into flames. 


I guess it was Year of the Ornament, because I also got this funny teacher angel ornament. I like how it's a real photo-slash-illustration. It reminds me of Claudine Hellmuth's artwork.

Thanks, kids, for giving me something to blog about!

1 comment:

emily said...

you're funny.
you win... you always do.