Friday, June 13

the life aquatic

Time for Phase 2 of "Places to Go In Seattle":
The Seattle Aquarium
Seriously this time. I went on a "field trip" with the daycare kids at school the other day, and it was a really good time. 

Maybe it was because, even though I was out in public with a 
bunch of kids, this time it wasn't teens and preteens. But I think it was because I felt like I was back in my own childhood. 

I used to be a pretty big fan of The Little Mermaid, right? So 
their underwater observatory (right) made me
 practically break out into the song "Under the Sea" (in my best Sebastian Jamaican accent, of course) and recreate some choreographed dance that I'm sure my sister and I had made up to go along with it. 



And, OK, so maybe I wasn't technically a kid when Finding Nemo came out, but I thought it was cute that they had clown fish and whatever-Dori-is-fish in the same tank together. Best friends!

They had tons of other cool stuff that I wasn't able to get good pictures of. My favorites:
1. Giant octopus, which we got to see ripping the head off of a fish (cue Ursula singing "Poor Unfortunate Souls")
2. Petting zoo - grope all the sea anemones and cucumbers like you always dreamed about
3. Sea otters
4. Limited time only - Mermaid Exhibit. OK, just kidding about that one. Those things are way too hard to catch.

No comments: