Tuesday, June 24

Parade Numero Uno

Ack! It's been too long. When I started this blog I was just certain I'd be bubbling with exciting tales from my summer. Then I remembered one important detail: I'm not a very exciting person.
One of the Most Memorable Experiences from this month was going to see my brother and sister-in-law (expecting the first niece of the family!) over father's day weekend. They live in a pretty small town in eastern Washington, which apparently has the most famous Flag Day celebration in the nation! (Like anybody could ever know that.) 

Highlights:

Parade!  Not pictured: Thousands of Old Cars, Whitman County Princesses, Horse Poop.


Beer Garden! (Serving Canadian beer on tap--figure that one out for me).

Also not pictured: Huge Inflatable Kids' Toy, craft booths, cheap and delicious bbq food. 

Stay tuned for a summary of one of Seattle's most famous parades. I'll be comparing and contrasting the two.

No comments: