Sunday, December 21

the water cycle

As Sissy and I frolicked in the snow at Green Lake the other day, I reached another level of understanding about the water cycle.

Anyone who knows me knows about my beef with Condensation (shudder). I never thought I would despise any form of water more than those pesky droplets that seem to pop up at the most inconvenient time. But ladies and gentlemen, I give you my SECOND least favorite part of the water cycle...

SLUSH!
Vile substance! Ruining otherwise beautiful snow. Staining my oh-so-classy Ugg boots. Seeping up the legs of my (mostly) clean jeans. Collecting dirty street water. Ick! Ick! Ick! 

But once I was able to quench the rage that boiled within me and tore my eyes from the cesspool at my feet, I was able to enjoy the scenery. And what better way to enjoy the scenery than to add your own personal touch to it, in the form of a snow angel? That's what I thought too. 
Here's the conversation that preceded this picture:

Sissy: I dare you to do a snow angel!
Alli: Mmmm...no thanks.
(pause)
Sissy (sounding hopeful): Do you dare me to do a snow angel?

Well, I'm not one to be showed up, so we both did them. 

Ahh, to be 6 again. Before it was frowned upon for adults to whitewash each other. Before I didn't mind getting soaking wet from playing in the snow. Before the stupid water cycle became apparent in my everyday life...

No comments: