Monday, July 21

can she bake a cherry pie?

Cherry? No. But she CAN bake a peach pie! Notice the Fancy Schmancy Lattice Top (my first attempt--not as hard as you'd think!). 

I feel like a true homemaker. Recently I've been thinking that I probably should have been born about 80 years ago. Here's why:
1. I love to bake. Bread. Pies. 
2. And cook. Meatloaf. Soup.
3. Currently, I've been spending about an hour a day knitting.
4. I like to wear tasteful dresses and pearls around the house. 

OK, maybe not that last one. But I feel like I would have made an excellent 50's housewife. I found a website that gives helpful reflections for the ideal spouse for that era. Totally doable.
Can't you just see it?
Ahh, those were the good old days. Which is, apparently, debatable. Check out this video
from YouTube, then read the comments that follow. Yeesh. I love when people get all worked up. Let's just bake a pie and get along.

No comments: