Sunday, October 5

peacock and grinder, sittin' in a tree

And now, a snippet of the conversation inside my head while I was eating an Italian Grinder from Royal Grinders last night. 

Peacock: "I am in love with this sandwich."

Immature taunting voice: "So why don't you marry it?"

Peacock: "Yes. I will. Italian Grinder will be my king and I shall be his queen."

Immature taunting voice: *pause* "I know you are, but what am I?"

Peacock: "That doesn't even make sense. Leave me alone with my sandwich."

uh. ma. gawd. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Royal Grinder might be the best sandwich I've ever had. Start with a yummy soft-on-the-inside, flaky-on-the-outside french bread roll, add a generous helping of pepperoni, salami, and other various meats, top with read onion and cheese, and bake until bubbly. *drools* It's like the best pizza you ever had, except in sandwich form. And without the messy sauce. 

Tried gelato for the first time, too. Business was a little slow, so the guy working let us have more than the usual 2-sample limit. Spicy Chocolate? A little POW! in the background. Raspberry? Classic. Rose? Dainty! And so healthy for you! 

Note To Sissy: Next time, I'm getting my own sandwich. I'm all about sharing and all, but don't you be comin' between me and my love. 

No comments: